Using the basic functionality of Lotto Sorcerer's Apprentice is an easy process, with three steps:
- Setup a lottery
- Enter numbers previously drawn (manually, through importing or online updating)
- Have Lotto Sorcerer's Apprentice generate suggested numbers to play
Step One of Three: Setup a Lottery
You need to setup at least one lottery by using the Lottery Setup Wizard. Do this from the Main Window. Choose the menu item "Lottery Structure > Lottery Setup Wizard":
When the Lottery Setup Wizard opens, choose your locale and see if you can find your lottery in the lottery dropdown menu. If you can, select it...
...then click the "Yes" button:
Note: If your lottery is not shown in the list, you can still set it up as a "custom" lottery by clicking the "No" button.
You will be shown a summary of the lottery. Verify the shown settings, and click the "Create" button if the settings are correct, or the "Back" button to make corrections.
Step Two of Three: Enter, Import, Scrape or Update Online Previously Drawn Numbers
It is important that your lottery be kept up-to-date with prior lottery draws. There are four ways to do this:
This tutorial will show the fourth method (manual entry).
- Use the optional Lottery Data Subscription Service and update supported lotteries with just one click. To start a subscription, use menu item Lottery Data > Lottery Data Subscription > Start Subscription
- Import lottery data from your lottery by using menu item Lottery Data > Import Lottery Data
- Scrape the drawing data from a web page
- Enter the past drawings manually
In the Main Window, choose your lottery from the dropdown menu at the top of window:
Click the date box and enter the drawing date (in YYYY-MM-DD format), or click the widget to the right of the date box to adjust the displayed date:
Enter the drawings in the text boxes (in the "Numbers Drawn" section near the lower middle of the window...
... and click the "Enter" button at the bottom of the window..
The numbers should appear at the top of the past drawings grid:
Step Three of Three: Have Lotto Sorcerer's Apprentice Generate Suggestions to Play
In the Parameters tab of the Main window, select your desired number of suggestions (and other parameters, if desired):
Finally, in the Suggestions tab, click the "Start" button at the bottom left of the window:
When finished, Lotto Sorcerer's Apprentice will have the suggested numbers displayed:
Click here for more step-by-step tutorials.